I recently stumbled upon a list of job interview bloopers compiled by the Wall Street Journal. Hopefully some of these can make you laugh just as hard as I did. Here were some of the highlights, as taken directly from the list:
- Brought her large dog to the interview.
- Balding candidate abruptly excused himself. Returned to office a few minutes later, wearing a hairpiece.
- Asked to see interviewer’s resume to see if the personnel executive was qualified to judge the candidate.
- Pulled out a Polaroid camera and snapped a flash picture of me. Said he collected photos of everyone who interviewed him.
- Wouldn’t get out of the chair until I would hire him. I had to call the police.
- An applicant came in wearing only one shoe. She explained that the other shoe was stolen off her foot on the bus.
- He took off his right shoe and sock, removed a medicated foot powder and dusted it on his foot and in the shoe. While he was putting back on his shoe and sock, he mentioned that he had to use the powder four times a day, and this was the time.
- She threw-up on my desk – immediately started asking questions about the job, like nothing happened.
Click here to visit the full list. If you have your own funny interview bloopers to add, please comment below!