- Education: High School
- Functional Area: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
- Industry: Medical/Healthcare/Hospital
Title: Operator /Machinist
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Saint Louis, MO 63143
Job Description Summary
Programmer/Machinist for Laser Marking Equipment develops marking programs and runs production of laser marking applications for product specific markings required on reusable surgical instruments. This role will work closely with engineering for the validation of new equipment related to FDA UDI marking requirements and will develop programming and fixture recommendations to improve process flow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Program laser marking equipment used to etch surgical instruments with product specific content.
* Set-up and operate laser marking equipment to apply programmed content onto surgical instruments made from a variety of materials.
* Troubleshoot issues concerning mark quality related to laser marking process.
* Become proficient in use of laser marking software and train others in its use, as required.
* Provide feedback to Operations and Engineering regarding potential process improvements.
* Performs operations to meet specification based on manufacturing documents including part prints, process routers, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Will operate within the plant/shop safety rules and maintain good housekeeping practices.
* Maintains quality and productivity levels during the manufacturing process.
* Operates and adheres to general plant rules and policies governing workplace conduct, performance, EH&S policies, and good documentation practices.
* Maintains good housekeeping practices in work area and the plant in general.
* Works cohesively with others in a team environment.
* Performs moderately complex production operations without supervision.
* Identify procedural problems and notify appropriate parties for correction.
* Perform functional tests as necessary to ensure instruments function properly and meet quality requirements.
* The primary working position is sitting with limited standing, bending, or twisting required for the operator.
* Occasional movement of product weighing up to 50 pounds from one work station to another.
* Visual acuity adequate to detect subtle visual product non-conformities.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Technical school or training preferred
* Basic math
* Ability to read and interpret part prints, process control sheets/project routers, and can follow procedures necessary for proper production of V. Mueller and Snowden-Pencer surgical instruments.
* CAD/Drafting/Graphic Design experience is a plus
* Minimum 2 years experience in similar role preferred
Select Source International is a Global Solutions provider of IT staffing and Project services. Our service offering has 5 main practices; ERP, Application Development, Middleware, Database Management and Project Services. SSI offers industry leading Data Migration, Compliance, and Risk Management through its subsidiary Data Wave. Data Wave offers Cyber Security and risk management through a GRC product suite called Risk Utilities. In addition to our technology offerings, SSI also provides administrative and business consulting services. Industry Experience: Retail Healthcare Manufacturing Energy and Utilities Government Financial Engineering
- Name: Smily Gupta
- Email: SmilyG@selectsourceintl.com
- Phone: 9525463300
- Extension: 5008
- Name: Select Source International