- Education: N/A
- Functional Area: Manufacturing
- Industry: Medical/Healthcare/Hospital
Job Title : Technician
Location : Plymouth, MN
Duration : 24+ Months Contract
We are a highly regulated manufacturing site with dedication to quality and continuous improvement.
Reports to: Site Production/Engineering Manager
Duration: Open ended
Shift: 40 hr/wk. with flexible start and stop time however consistency of schedule once decided is important
This position will be assigned 1-2 large tasks (1-6 months in duration) at any time to drive with coaching and support from both the reporting manager and the sites Lean/Sigma Master Black Belt. One example of these would be a value stream map for all raw material ordering, inspecting/receiving, re-labeling, transport to production, modification, use and disposal. In this example understanding and measuring labor and yield at each step to show lead time and cost associated as well as identify potential projects to reduce costs or improve efficiency and quality. A second example would be to characterize current material processes requiring developing a test plan and taking large number of measurements or partnering with operators to help collect these measurements and then charting and graphing the output.
This position will be asked to help support a number of smaller projects in addition where they will collect time study information, work with operator groups during problem solving as well as help support the improve stage by ordering materials, helping in construction or modification to work stations or provide drawings for the team to review and coordinate with internal or external fabricators to construct.
Lean training will be provided 1 on 1 and in more formal classes to help develop candidates skill set. Successful candidates will get a lot of exposure throughout this site as well as with management from many other Medtronic facilities.
· No prior Lean training is required
· Desired evidence of mechanical aptitude
· A problem solving mind set
· Strong computer skills within the Microsoft Office Suite
· Some mechanical drawing exposure is a plus
· Highly motivated and self-driven – can do positive attitude is critical as this position will interact with lots of groups and is expected to help drive the culture change of everyone everyday continuous improvement
· 4 year degree in a science not required but strongly preferred
Select Source International is a Global Solutions provider of IT staffing and Project services. Our service offering has 5 main practices; ERP, Application Development, Middleware, Database Management and Project Services. SSI offers industry leading Data Migration, Compliance, and Risk Management through its subsidiary Data Wave. Data Wave offers Cyber Security and risk management through a GRC product suite called Risk Utilities. In addition to our technology offerings, SSI also provides administrative and business consulting services. Industry Experience: Retail Healthcare Manufacturing Energy and Utilities Government Financial Engineering.
- Name: Mukesh Sharma
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 9525463300
- Extension: 6003
- Name: Select Source International
- Website: www.selectsourceintl.com